BBS > Community Superblog
All | Following | GIFs | Off-site

Cart #fubebippa-0 | 2020-07-12 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

A simple binary clock that I made. You can toggle a digital clock with the Z key, can toggle a legend to help you read the clock with the X key, and you can adjust the various colors with the arrow keys.

0 comments

Cart #hotfoot-2 | 2020-07-12 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

"Hotfoot is a frictionless platformer with the objective of completing each course as fast as possible. Use the slopes to gain speed and zoom off to victory! Test your time against the creator's!"

Made for the GMTK Game Jam 2020, in 48 hours.
<hr>
Hotfoot on itch.io
HOT GRILL demo font

TIP: Holding forward on a slope will give you additional speed, but will negate speed off a slope!

4 comments

Hey @zep, not sure if this is a bug or intended, but I just realized that, in a fresh cart, sfx 0 is speed 1, while all other sfx are speed 16.

Is there some reason for this?

Seems like this is something that might lead to confusion at times. The user will probably figure out what's different pretty quickly, but still... I thought I should at least put it on your radar as a possible mistake.

As an aside, "Speed" really isn't the right term here. It should be "(note) duration", or something similar. I dunno, I don't have an audio background so there's probably a more concise term.

0 comments

Cart #fishpond-0 | 2020-07-12 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

relax a minute, watch the fishpond, breath.

2 comments

Cart #unexplored_dungeon-0 | 2020-07-12 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

2 comments

Cart #pongeon-5 | 2020-07-30 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Gameplay

The Beetle and his ball is stuck in a strange castle that seems to shift the deeper you go.
Work toghether with a shifty paddle and find the exit in this multitasking adventure!

This game was made for Game Maker's Toolkit Jam 2020 in less than 48 hours!

Theme

The theme was: "Out of control"!

Post jam update

A lot of polish and new content have been made! Thanks for playing :)

Multiplayer update

Added multiplayer just for fun, updated some levels and fixed some small bugs!

Controls

Move paddle and bettle

Keyboard -> Arrow keys
Controller -> D-pad/Joystick

Credits

Sebastian Lind

Good luck and have fun!

5 comments

Cart #babybot-0 | 2020-07-12 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

"Babybot learns to fly! With no control over WHEN she flies, you have to focus on WHAT she does when she gets in the air!"

This is the game I've made and am submitting for the 2020 Game Maker's Tool Kit Game Jam! It's my first jam and I've had a lot of fun developing this game in just two days time!I hope folks enjoy my take on the theme: Out of Control.

1 comment

Cart #kazifudiwa-0 | 2020-07-12 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Hi
This is the first game that i ever code myself
feel free to give me advice or criticism

1 comment

Mot's Animation System

Cart #mot_animsys-2 | 2020-07-19 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Mot's Animation System is a visual editor for creating 2D animations.

You start by sequencing sprites and/or tilemaps together to create the basic components. Then combine them using timelines and key-frames to make animations. Or combine them again to make bigger, more complex animations.

Animations can trigger sounds and music, and call back into to your main program, e.g. to trigger game play events.

You could use it for:

• Character animations, like run cycles
  • Larger multi-sprite animated characters
  • Cutscenes
  • Animated birthday cards

Animations can be loaded and played in your own carts (the loading and playback code is 1836 tokens). They can either be stored in Lua strings or loaded from a separate cart.

[ Continue Reading.. ]

11 comments

Cart #snake_skater_wiz-0 | 2020-07-11 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

Cart #country_crosser-0 | 2020-07-11 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

A song and an animation of a video game that doesn't exist.

11 comments

Gold Harry

Cart #goldharry-0 | 2020-07-11 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Anfangs nur zum austesten, wurde Gold Harry schnell zu einem vollständigen Spiel, dass besonders im zwei Spieler Mode richtig viel Spaß macht.

Harry ist ein alter bekannter aus Atari 2600 Zeiten.

Sammle alle Goldstücke ein bevor die Zeit abgelaufen ist.
Auf jeder Etage wandern tödliche Strahlen hin und her, die mit den Schaltern ihre Richtung ändern.
Wände versperren manchmal den Weg und Löcher im Boden sind zu überspringen. Und dann sind da noch die Dynamit-Stangen!

Harry hat einen Freund, der Ihm im 2-Spieler Modus beim sammeln hilft.

Steuerung Spieler 1:
Cursor-Tasten,Y,X

Steuerung Spieler 2:

[ Continue Reading.. ]

0 comments

Cart #nzshorebirds-0 | 2020-07-11 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

I am an avid birdwatcher and decided to make a game around the shorebirds of NZ. You can walk around and take photos of the birds. Just be careful not to scare them off.

Currently features 6 different species, but the plan is to add more as I go. Would love some feedback <3

Enjoy.

3 comments

Lately I've heard bits here and there about a new function called unpack that seems to have some significant benefits, but after searching the BBS, the Pico 8 Wiki, and Google, I've barely been able to come up with any solid infomation on it or how to use it.

If someone could point me in the right direction, I'd much appreciate it.

5 comments

Cart #camellos-12 | 2020-07-17 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Hi!
That's my first attempt at a PICO8 game: Camel Race.

In the late eighties, when I was a child, my first ZX Spectrum BASIC game was a totally random camel race. Now my son is eight, he's started learning to code, and we've made a "modern" version.

Comments are very welcome!

7 comments

Cart #cyberpunkdemo-0 | 2020-07-10 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Pretty much this whole thing is based off how I figured out how to draw a cube spinning on the z axis. I'm not using any raytracing or stuff, just cheating.

Also the scenes are long as heck, so be a little patient.

3 comments

Cart #haiparaitokira-0 | 2020-07-10 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

0 comments

I made my first game in PICO -- a snake game! Biggest mistake: not going with the most intuitive approach to making the game from the start. I had a really crazy system of labeling coordinates on the screen that wound up backfiring, so I had to resort to what is admittedly a much more sensible way of making the game -- I now have tables for x positions and y positions of the snake and use those to keep track of everything. Play it on Itch here https://geojax.itch.io/snakehero and give me some feedback if you have any!!! Thanks!

17 comments

Just tried to notify someone with a dot in their username.

Upon posting, the underlining and link was only for the start of their name, upto the dot, which makes me concerned that the wrong user will have been notified.

If the right user was notified, the less serious bug is then that the underlining and linking in the post are in error.

Problem can be seen on this thread: https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?pid=79116

Thanks. :)

0 comments

If statements can be hard to navigate once you have a couple nested.

I think it would be helpful to have a keyboard command to jump to different parts of an if statement, that way you could tell which parts belong to which statement.

Also if the different parts belonging to that particular level of the conditional tree were highlighted that would be extremely helpful.

If this is already possible and I somehow missed it, I'm sorry.

Thanks for reading.

0 comments

Top    Load More Posts ->