Follow
Gexgekko
[ :: Read More :: ]

So I've seen Pico-8 cartdata (mostly saved games and scores) is stored in the session, so when you close your browser the data dissapears. It's a shame because games like Low Mem Sky benefit a lot from saving feature, and with no way to play on Android other than using the web browser, is it possible to force the storage to be copied to a persistent area on my phone and then load it when opening the browser and the cart again?

Maybe a Chrome extension (does Android support that?) could do the work?

I'm not an expert in IT so I have no idea how Android manages session Storage on its browser or if it's even possible to hook a script that reads, copies, then inserts the data again when needed.

Another idea I had is if it would be possible to make an APK with a webviewer that could store the webview data on its own way, making it persistent, but again, I have no idea.

I would like to know if any of that is possible, and if so, please someone point me in the right direction, I'm willing to put effort on studying ways to do it and doing it myself, but I need a starting point.

I'm a junior web developer (3 or so years experience with plain JS, TS and some frameworks, but not high level) and sysadmin, so I have no problem reading docs and hitting my head against a wall until I do what I need, but please, tell me which wall should I start hitting first

P#119265 2022-10-18 20:08