Follow
llamaluvr
[ :: Read More :: ]

Cart #divadoomrun-0 | 2022-11-17 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Presenting...

Diva Doom Run!

Three pop divas with bugged-out physics somehow end up on an iceberg... in the middle of a volcano... with a wall of saw blades chasing them, so they have to run... somewhere... while singing their greatest hits, of course.

Avoid lava and what we think may be thorns or bramble or something! Grab pizzas (pizzas?!) for extra points! Mix and match each diva's abilities to see how far you can get before the primitive level generation betrays you!

Unnamed Diva 1 - Tick-tock, on the clock! The all-rounder, solid speed and jump, almost-tolerable physics.

Unnamed Diva 2 - She's levitating! Slow speed, but a great jump, crucial for those high cliffs.

Unnamed Diva 3 - the Wild Card, fastest overall, but very unsure footing, BUT also... a trick up her sleeve, a reality distortion field that slows oncoming objects. Word on the street is that she has cat eyes sharp enough to kill a man...

This is a slight glow-up of an interactive demo I'm building for a conference, where the goal is for beginners to exercise a little bit of most aspects of making a PICO-8 game in service of having something that vaguely resembles a complete endless runner after a few hours. Maps, camera, collision, light animation, game over scenario, music and sfx, etc. With the focus on all those different parts, we usually spend just enough time on the algorithms themselves to get something functional in place. If and when I come back to this, it'd be nice to add better physics, more sophisticated level generation, more nuanced collision detection, etc. The major addition here over the tutorial version so far is being able to switch divas and treat each one as a "life" before game over; this came about because I had keyed out choruses from three different pop songs to help folks try out the SFX composer.

P#120829 2022-11-17 05:11

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-03-29 09:30:06 | 0.070s | Q:9