This is the juiced up version of the game we are going to build today, Mon 3rd, April, 2017, in a workshop I'm teaching at.
And here is the intro cartridge:
Hello, world !
I've made a Sublime Text package to support and speed up PICO-8 development.
The package includes:
- .p8 language definition (by Overkill).
- Syntax highlighting (by Overkill).
- PICO-8 .ttf font (by RhythmLynx).
- Cartridge runner to launch your cart right from Sublime Text.
- Code completion based on the PICO-8 API.
- Code snippets.
If you have Package Control installed, just follow this instructions to get it:
- Open the command palette with "ctrl+shift+p" ("cmd+shift+p" in OSX).
- Run "Package Control: Install Package" command.
- Search for "PICO-8" and install it.
- Restart Sublime Text (if required).
I will try to keep the package up to date along with the API CheatSheet and PICO-8.
If you installed it using Package Control, it'll update automagically !
- Move all the discs to another stick.
- You can't place a disc on top of another one smaller than the first.
That's all !
- Add music.
Hello, world !
I have been thinking about setting up a Slack team for PICO-8.
I noticed after searching with Google there's a team created already, but it seems to be dead, and no one in the IRC knew about it.
New invite system implemented. Get your invite here: JOIN !
There's also the good old invite system JTE is running on her server: (alt) JOIN !
Eternal love (<3) to JTE for running the invite automation system, and asterick for helping to set it up.
My first cartridge is here: 40 levels to make your brain burn.
Enjoy ! :)
Take the red token to the center of the board.
You can move any token.
The tokens can only move iif there's another one to stop it.
- added: onscreen controls
- Menu and ingame bgm.
- Juice it or lose it (tweening, camera effects...).
I'm rather new to pico-8 and the community... and I've just fallen in love with both of them.
Searching resources and toys for my personal pico-library, I have found some API cheatsheets. But I think these are for older versions (v0.1.2) or don't have some other tips I have found throughout the forums.
So I have built my own API cheatsheet !
Here it is: http://neko250.github.io/pico8-api/
I hope you find it useful ! :)