Follow
lewislepton
[ :: Read More :: ]

hello,

im really getting into pico-8. love it.

but wanted to know if you can use more than 1 file for a project. i know that pico has a limit to what it can use. but it would be for breaking things up instead.
i have seen many use say haxe with a compiler to pico. or terry cavanagh using his own thing. but just wondering if it can be done it straight p8 files - rather than having to do a compile/convect to p8

thanks

P#15533 2015-10-18 12:23 ( Edited 2015-10-20 20:43)

alright,

so im gonna look at making some music today with pico for something. but the one problem so far is that it is hard actually hearing what you are doing.
so a suggestion would be that you could hear what notes are being keyed in when you are doing it. plus to have a switch to turn on or off.

also, tempo control. that would be awesome ;)

can the player accept midi signals in? ill have a test. but if it cant, i would highly suggest having something like that. would be cool for us music folk to use a midi keyboard ;)

lewis lepton

lewislepton.com

P#15526 2015-10-18 07:20 ( Edited 2015-10-25 15:54)

howdy folks,

loving pico, just great to play with minimal stuff ;)

now this forum title hopefully will not charge people emotions, but was just a quick thought i had.
now, we are all used to auto-complete. its lovely, it makes things easier etc. pico doesnt have it, which isnt too much of a bad thing. but i did have an idea for an ultra compact, small auto complete.

so instead of having a list of what is available from when you type [like xcode, or VS, or sublime]. why not use the very bottom block [where the line count etc is] pop up with 1 available choice. so the more you type, the closer it becomes to what you want?
so if i have three things like so:
blowing
bees
bowls

if i first type 'b' it will come up with the first alphabetically ordered one, then if i type 'e' it then shows 'bees'. then press enter and its good and put in.

just a thought, though its not something im gagging for, just more an idea than anything ;)

lewis lepton

P#15480 2015-10-17 09:32 ( Edited 2015-10-17 13:32)

hello all,

ive kept my eye on pico for a while now and thought i may as well give myself a present. i love that its minimal, i think more engines should learn from that - only give you what is truly needed. plus makes you try different things in different ways, so well done

on that, i was wondering about picos future. now firstly im not saying that we should be able to play pico games on xbox. whilst i think that would be cool, its too much ;)
but on that here are a few questions i have thought of in regards to what pico could end up with and really just questions of interest

• will [or can] pico be able to export out [linux/mac/win], so you could share with others without being online? - so they will be applications. i guess you could even then sell if they were really that good, i guess but not why im asking...
• minimal controller support - but only using the same amount of controls that is available with the keyboard
• can pico embed on your own sites?

there was 1 or 2 that i cant think of again. but just more of interest of wonder more than anything. but pico is lovely. great idea and i really think more engines need to learn from it

lewis lepton

P#15438 2015-10-16 12:28 ( Edited 2015-10-17 12:46)

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-03-29 06:57:02 | 0.060s | Q:11