previous versions :
New version of Tubular Craze, a clone of Pipe Mania.
The goal is to connect pipes from the Start tile (S) to the End tile (E) with at least a number of pipes (the number below "LEFT" in the lower left).
You can see the 5 next pipes to lay down on the left, the pipe with a red outline is the current one to place (it's the same as you cursor).
- fix an embarrassing bug in hard mode, making it impossible to finish
- music by Robby Duguay (from the 9 songs cartridge)
- hard mode when all the levels are completed
- better scoring information (extra pipes, crossovers and hard mode bonuses)
- player lives
- 15 levels!
- endgame screen (game won / game over)
- fixed a bug when completing a level with less than the required number of pipe
- enabled sound
- help page
Still left to do
- more levels
There are still some annoying bugs:
- Anchors are sometimes overlapping, making them impossible to move
- I'm not sure all the puzzles have a valid solution
- There is an easy way to cheat
Here is a fun math game, inspired by the game "24", where you have to make mental calculation to obtain a target number with only the 4 integers given to you.
You can use parenthesis and standard operators (+,-,*,/) to get to the result.
The fun part in this cartridge is the calculator which includes a parsing Shunting-yard algorithm to generate and evaluate an RPN expression.
1.4 Update :
- Fix an issue when there was still numbers on the stack when evaluating an expression (like "829" evaluated to "9", instead of giving an error)
1.3 Update :
- Button X deletes the last character
- The delete button is replaced by a "c" (like in a calculator) to reset the guess
1.2 Update :
- Fixed a bug with the shunting yard algorithm (the test for operator precedence was incorrect)
- Added a debug/test mode for RPN calculation (set the scene=2)
1.1 Update :
- Score, timer and difficulty indicator
- Fireworks when a correct solution is guessed (from the Fireworks effects by Saccharine)
- Some invalid calculations are detected (not all)
- Fixed some other bugs
Is there a way to make bitwise operations in pico8?
Otherwise, I don't understand how btnwe are supposed to use the bitfields returned by the functions btn() and fget(n).
Shouldn't we be able to do something like :
flag2_set = fget(tile) & 2
I know fget(tile, 2) would work, but I don't see how to use the bitfield. Am I missing something obvious?
- Still bad collisions :)
- Secret code for unlimited lives
- some other stuff
- Rewrote the code nearly from scratch, levels are map are
- redone collisions based on the Wall Collision Example cartridge
- Splash screen with Arkanoid intro sequence (still WIP)
- Double and Triple hit bricks
- bricks score
- 10 levels done
Still a lot of work to do, the collisions seem a bit weird, the ball sometimes feels sticky when bouncing around.
0.03 - 14210
- First attempt at Pico8 tracker with the Arkanoid music
- Multiple levels are now playable in one game (if you are good enough)
- Retry OK after Game Over
- Better collision and ball direction
- Ball speed varies according to where it bounces on the paddle
- Boss sprite
- multiple levels, although for the moment you can access them only by changing the start_level variable
- Oooh! Shiny start page!
- More sprites
- Collision still buggy
- Sticky paddle when starting / losing life
- Power ups
- Final Boss Battle